Send suggestions for addition (or deletion) to: with the subject "Suggestion regarding EpiData reference"
Mail lists and web sites
Courses including or suggesting use of EpiData Software
Courses are at the responsibility of the organisors exclusively.
On site Courses: (referenced sites can be in local language)
|Asia & Australia:||
Internet based (distance learning) Courses or lecture collections:
- Audience Dialog, Australia
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA
- IUATLD - course, International
- Bud Gerstman: Analysis (example chapters by method)
- APHEO - field guides, Canada Ontario
Teaching or instruction materials with EpiData related examples:
On this site: Documentation and examples
- France - Nantes (B.Branger) Introduction Notes in French
- By Mark Myatt: Good links for all EpiDemiology sites and Public Health Software
- By B.Gerstman: Data entry documentation ; General Statistical Primer Epi Info & EpiData
- WHO STEPwise approach to chronic disease risk factor surveillance (STEPS)
- By Ziad El-Khatib: Clinical Cancer Epidemiology Karolinska Institute - Sweden.
EpiData Introduction note: (Including SPSS export description)Text (pdf)
Related External links
- EpiDemiology Tools on the net: Freeware tools including R introduction (USA)
- Web based entry and surveillance: Internet based entry and analysis (Australia)
- OpenEpi Initiative: On line calculators like epi info v6 statcalc
- Epi Info v6: Epi Info V6 materials (CDC USA)
Examples of Publications indicating use of Epidata Software
- TIC Survey Project 2005. UNSIAP - United Nations Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific Pdf
- EpiCentre/MSF investigates measles outbreaks. Results quantify the unacceptable burden of measles in three of the most affected areas of Sub-Saharan Africa.
e.g. Dubray C, Gerstl S, Schimmer B, Chikwe L. High Morbidity and mortality related to measles outbreak in Adawa State, Nigeria. EpiCentre, MSF, Paris, 2005. Nigeria 2004 - Pdf
- Depoortere E, Checchi F, Broillet F, Gerstl S, Minetti A, Gayraud O, Briet V, Pahl J, Defourny I, Tatay M, Brown V. Violence and mortality in West Darfur, Sudan (2003-04): epidemiological evidence from four surveys. Lancet. 2004 Oct 9-15;364(9442):1315-20.
- Piola P., Fogg C., BajunirweF. et al. (2005) Supervised versus Unsupervised intake of six-dose artemether-lumefantrine for treatment of acute,uncomplicate Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Mbarara, Uganda: a randomised trial. Lancet 365: 1467-73.
- Grandesso F., Bachy C., Donam I. et al. (2005) Efficacy of chloroquine Efficacy of chloroquine, sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine and amodiaquine for treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria among children under 5 in Bongor and Koumra, Chad. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (In press).
- Eriksen HM, Guerin PJ, Nygård K, Hjertqvist M, Jong Bd, Rose AMC, Kuusi M, Durr U. Rojas AG, Mør C and Aavitsland P. Gastro-enteritis outbreak among Nordic patients with psoriasis in a health centre in Gran Canaria, Spain: a cohort study. BMC Infectious Diseases 2004, 4:45. pdf.
- M Valenciano, J Bergeri, D Jankovic, N Milic, M Parlic, D Coulombier Strengthening early warning function of surveillance in the Republic of Serbia: lessons learned after a year of implementation. Euro Surveill 2004;9(5):24-6. Html.
- Sawadogo PS, Martin-Prevel Y, Savy M, Kameli Y, Traissac P, Traore AS, Delpeuch F. An infant and child feeding index is associated with the nutritional status of 6-23 months-old children in rural Burkina Faso. Journal of Nutrition (2006: in press).
- Janin P, Martin-Prevel Y. Des indicateurs ā l'action : vulnérabilité alimentaire et situation nutritionnelle en milieu rural burkinabč. Revue Canadienne d'Etudes Africaines (2006: in press).
- Savy M, Martin-Prevel Y, Sawadogo P, Kameli Y, Delpeuch F. Use of variety/diversity scores for diet quality measurement: relation with nutritional status of women in a rural area in Burkina Faso. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005 May;59:703-16.
- Martin-Prével Y, Savy M, Traissac P, Sawadogo P, Kameli Y, Delpeuch F. Relationship between food variety/diversity scores and nutritional status of adults and adolescents in rural Burkina Faso (invited conference). Joint FAO-IFPRI-WHO workshop "Dietary diversity and dietary quality"; 11-13 October 2004; FAO, Rome, Italy;
- Dyna E Syahlul and Lisa H Amir. Indonesian medical practitioners approve the availability of emergency contraception over-the-counter? A survey of general practitioners and obstetricians in Jakarta. BMC Womens Health. 2005; 5: 3. Pubmed Central.
- HØ Petersen HØ, N Gregersen, B Clausen & LI Andersen. Five years of coronary artery bypass surgery at Odense University Hospital, Denmark, 1995-2000. Ugeskr Læger 2005;167(38):3587-3591.
- Michaud P-A, Pagava K, Phagava H et al. The Georgian Adolescent Health Survey: methodological and strategic issues. Soz Praventiv Med 51 (2006) 54:62.
- Schönberg-Norio D, Takkinen J, Hänninen M-L et al. Swimming and Campylobacter Infections Emerging Infectious Diseases o www.cdc.gov/eid o Vol. 10, No. 8, August 2004 pdf
- AIDS CRISIS IMPENDING Research on Knowledge, Attitudes and Behaviors Related to HIV/AIDS in China Volume I. Main Findings May, 2004. Project Management Organization Futures Group, Beijing. Pdf
- PETTING ZOO-ASSOCIATED ESCHERICHIA COLI O157:H7 SECONDARY TRANSMISSION, ASYMPTOMATIC INFECTION,AND PROLONGED SHEDDING IN THE CLASSROOM. Canada Communicable Disease Report (CCDR), Volume 30-20, 15 October 2004 Html pdf
- Francis Bajunirwe and Michael Muzoora. Barriers to the implementation of programs for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV: A cross-sectional survey in rural and urban Uganda. AIDS Res Ther. 2005; 2: 10. Pubmed
- Daud-Gallotti, Renata a; Dutilh Novaes et al. Adverse events and death in stroke patients admitted to the emergency department of a tertiary university hospital. European Journal of Emergency Medicine. 12(2):63-71, April 2005. Abstract - link to pdf
- Zhang S, Chen Y, Lu F et al.Statistics on cancer in China: cancer registration in 2002. European Journal of Cancer Prevention. 14(4):329-335, August 2005. Abstract with pdf link
Inclusion here (or exclusion) is not a result of any quality control or certification. Make your own evaluation of the materials, courses and web sites.